Well, I still need to report the fact that I have not been able to find my camera anywhere. So...I still have no pictures to post:( I even endeavored to clean out the spare bedroom at Moroni's house, which was basically the dumping ground of everything he has not unpacked since he moved here (9 months ago) and everything (all crafts included) that I have brought over to do in my free time. Basically it was a mess. But alas, even with a newly cleaned room the camera is no where to be found. If anyone has a spare camera lying around somewhere, unused and duty, I would definitely be happy to take it off of your hands. Anyway, as promised...what's going on.
1. Only a week and a half more of classes for winter quarter....yeah. Then I have until the end of March to work, work and work some more. I've actually been feeling a little worn out this weekend, so even having no classes will be kind of nice.
2. I started a knitting group and had my first meeting last Tuesday. I bought this awesome book on knitting gloves and have one of a pair finished of these adorable kids mittens with flip top. When I do get a camera I think I will start posting picture because I've finally learned how to make some cool stuff. We also just had a service auction at church to raise money to donate to the Ronald McDonald House and I auctioned off a knitted item of their choice. It went for $30, so I was pretty proud of that.
3. Moroni and I splurged and went on a real date on Friday night. A girl in our ward is getting her master's in performing art for percussion at OSU, and was performing in a show called "Drums Downtown" in Columbus, so we went to that and Moroni took me out to dinner at a yummy Greek restaurant before that. It was really nice.
4. I have really been trying to get diligent about working out again Since I've been in school again, I've been lucky if its three times a week. My new year's resolution for the year was to workout five days a week and I'm happy to report that I have kept that goal to this point.
5. On a sad note I just finished my taxes for the year and was surprised to find that I owe the government, the "MAN" if you will, $614! All though I was a little bummed about it, I feel blessed that even with my small amount of income, I managed to come up with the money ahead of time to pay it in full.
Anyway, I guess that's it for now. I hope this isn't too boring, I will keep looking for my camera...next time will be less writing and more pictures, I hope:)
3 comments:
It's never ever boring to read your blogs--I actually read them instead of scan them. Probably because other than Kevin, Tyler, & Susie, you are my most favorite person in the world. By the way, we have a couple cameras laying around--I'll ask Kevin if he'd be willing to part with one of them. Love you!
Hi Alyssa!
Keep up the blogging! I love to hear whats going on in your life. We owed taxes this year too. It was the first year we had to get an accountant to help us lower it as much as possible. You should post pics (as soon as you find your camera) of your knitting projects. I would love to see them.
Great job on the working out resolution! I wish I had your willpower.
Post a Comment