Hello family and friends! There are two reasons why I haven't been blogging as much as normal (which, I will admit is not as often as most people do anyway):
- I can not seem to find my camera anywhere, so I haven't taken pictures since Thanksgiving.
- I really hate the formatting that is involved when using blogspot…everything about it drives me nuts!
I still haven't found my camera, but come to find out you can format your blog in Microsoft Word 2007 and then publish it that way. I am sitting in my lab right now waiting for an incubation and thought I would test it out (in my very own handwriting font…thank you very much Amy!)
Some other updated info:
- For those of you wondering (and I've had a few questions), Moroni and I are not married yet, so don't worry I didn't not send you an invite on purpose…I haven't sent any yet. YOU WILL get one when I doJ
- School is going well. I like my 2nd year so much better than my first year for a couple of reasons. I am part of a great lab where I can focus on my research only. I've had two papers published that I've done work on this last year (one is in the process of being published) I am by no means even close to being a major contributor, but it's still kind of fun to see my data!
(http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/fulltext/121484206/HTMLSTART. This is the link to the paper that was published in the second lab I rotated in, and almost joined, but didn't due to funding). Also, my data is turning out great, and I'm finally at the point where I generally only have to do an assay once or twice when I haven't done it before…when I first started, it seemed like I repeated everything about 100 times), so I've become much more efficient. The other reason is that I don't have to go to class as much (only one class a quarter) and I really like that! I hate class and have a really hard time staying awake during them.
- I am officially sick of winter! We got lucky and had a few warm days, now we are back down to the 20's ugh. I am for sure looking for post docs/etc in warmer climes (maybe even in places where winter does not exist), unfortunately that is years away!
I am also posting this cute picture of my niece and nephew (even thought the same one is on my sister's blog) to see if I am able to post pictures as well.
5 comments:
so...i obviously still have a few kinks to work out, but it is definaely easier than using blogspot!
Sadly, you also can not see my cute font because apparently it also has to be on your computer as well! I tested it out by making one of my cowworkers look it up on their computer!
It is about time! I was one that also thought maybe you already got married or something.
Good thing I talk to you every other day otherwise I would have thought you dropped off the face of the planet (based on your blogging!). Wish I could see your font. Mine's especially cute!
The nice thing about mine is it's the neatest version of my writing which most people do not get to see very often (if ever) and now I dont' have to handwrite wedding invitations...yes I'm that lazy
Post a Comment