Also, I thought I would tell a nice story about Moroni. He has a computer which he built last year, but for some reason never was able to get the speakers to work, so has always used a pair of headphones. The other day I thought to myself "if his headphones work, his speakers should work, because there's nothing wrong with his sound card". Thus the story begins. I got to his house after working yesterday and before he got home, when he came home he found me rummaging through the box of computer stuff, and I told him I was going to plug the speakers in. He humored me, and let me attempt it, even though I'm pretty sure he had attempted it a billion times already. He left the room and went to fix dinner, and the next thing you know I had his shell off his computer and had pulled he sound card out and had put it back in. By the time he came back, the sound card wasn't working either, and I was frantically trying to fix things...but potentially screwing them up worse. If I were him, I would have killed me, but instead he very calmly told me it was okay and he loved me more than the computer (even though I know how much he loves his computer). Then we went and ate dinner, while I felt terrible the entire time. He ended up fixing the sound card, and my starting the whole project encouraged him to open up the subwoofer (which sounded rattlely) and find a random piece floating inside, which he removed, plugged everything in, and promptly the base was blasting and he had sound! So two good things came of this! I realized I would have to do something pretty terrible for Moroni to actually get really angry with me and his computer now has sound. How's that for a hard days work?
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Some Thing Nice and Old Presents Finished
Now that school's out I seem to have more time on my hands...well sort of. Last June I told my sister I'd knit her an item of her choice for her birthday, and she chose a "lacy" scarf, and I chose this ridiculous pattern. It only took me about three months to get about 10 inches into it, and that was in October. It has stayed the same size ever since then, with a few futile attempts to "finish" it here and there. After promising it to her by Christmas, and then postponing it until her next birthday (this June), I finally realized I may never finish it (suprise, suprise) and so instead was inspired to make her a replacement item. I saw a girl with a knitted bag she got from Urban Outfitters or something like that, and I thought it looked really cool. She let me take a close look so that I could see how it was done, and I thought, I could do that, nothing there is too hard. And what you have is what I have pictured below. I think it looks cooler in real life. In fact, I'm kind of sad I'm getting ready to ship it off to my sister because I think its so cool looking I kind of want to show it off:0) Oh! And Moroni definately wanted me to mention that he chose the button himself. I do think he did a pretty good job.


Also, I thought I would tell a nice story about Moroni. He has a computer which he built last year, but for some reason never was able to get the speakers to work, so has always used a pair of headphones. The other day I thought to myself "if his headphones work, his speakers should work, because there's nothing wrong with his sound card". Thus the story begins. I got to his house after working yesterday and before he got home, when he came home he found me rummaging through the box of computer stuff, and I told him I was going to plug the speakers in. He humored me, and let me attempt it, even though I'm pretty sure he had attempted it a billion times already. He left the room and went to fix dinner, and the next thing you know I had his shell off his computer and had pulled he sound card out and had put it back in. By the time he came back, the sound card wasn't working either, and I was frantically trying to fix things...but potentially screwing them up worse. If I were him, I would have killed me, but instead he very calmly told me it was okay and he loved me more than the computer (even though I know how much he loves his computer). Then we went and ate dinner, while I felt terrible the entire time. He ended up fixing the sound card, and my starting the whole project encouraged him to open up the subwoofer (which sounded rattlely) and find a random piece floating inside, which he removed, plugged everything in, and promptly the base was blasting and he had sound! So two good things came of this! I realized I would have to do something pretty terrible for Moroni to actually get really angry with me and his computer now has sound. How's that for a hard days work?

Also, I thought I would tell a nice story about Moroni. He has a computer which he built last year, but for some reason never was able to get the speakers to work, so has always used a pair of headphones. The other day I thought to myself "if his headphones work, his speakers should work, because there's nothing wrong with his sound card". Thus the story begins. I got to his house after working yesterday and before he got home, when he came home he found me rummaging through the box of computer stuff, and I told him I was going to plug the speakers in. He humored me, and let me attempt it, even though I'm pretty sure he had attempted it a billion times already. He left the room and went to fix dinner, and the next thing you know I had his shell off his computer and had pulled he sound card out and had put it back in. By the time he came back, the sound card wasn't working either, and I was frantically trying to fix things...but potentially screwing them up worse. If I were him, I would have killed me, but instead he very calmly told me it was okay and he loved me more than the computer (even though I know how much he loves his computer). Then we went and ate dinner, while I felt terrible the entire time. He ended up fixing the sound card, and my starting the whole project encouraged him to open up the subwoofer (which sounded rattlely) and find a random piece floating inside, which he removed, plugged everything in, and promptly the base was blasting and he had sound! So two good things came of this! I realized I would have to do something pretty terrible for Moroni to actually get really angry with me and his computer now has sound. How's that for a hard days work?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love the purse! Can't wait to get it!
Yeah! So your tinkering lead to it being fixed. That works!! Did you seriously make that purse without a pattern? That is awesome! Way cute!
I did make the purse without a pattern. I was pretty impressed with myself too.
Not because I am so awesome, but because besides a headband, I have never really made up my own pattern before.
you are too SO awesome. i totally wish i was as cool as you. :). glad to see you are blogging again. i mean, true you live down the street, but i really don't see you as often as i would like. so, the blog helps...
Post a Comment