About a week an a half ago in the parking lot at OSU, another car backed out of his spot into my car. Right away he admitted it was his fault and that he would rather pay for it than turn it in to his insurance since the damage was minimal. He also told me he was on his way to the airport and would be out of the country until the next Saturday. So I took his phone number, email and address and agreed to contact him when I had some estimates. Now, I know everyone who's reading this already have a ton of "you should haves" in their head. Yes, I know, I should have called the police, and I should have gotten his insurance information right there. But all I can say is that he seemed honest. I got the estimates on Thursday afternoon and emailed them to him Friday. He contacted me on Saturday after returning and let me know he'd been willing to pay for whichever one I wanted. To end my little story. I now have the cash sitting in my bank account because he handed me the money today and I will be able to get my pretty little Subaru fixed (some dents and scratching). So I am happy to report that it is possible to find people who are honest out there...and that you shouldn't always do what I did, but sometimes it feels good to know that you can trust that someone will keep their word, without having to be accountable to someone else, like the the police or their insurance company first.
Friday, October 10, 2008
There are Still Honest People Out THere
About a week an a half ago in the parking lot at OSU, another car backed out of his spot into my car. Right away he admitted it was his fault and that he would rather pay for it than turn it in to his insurance since the damage was minimal. He also told me he was on his way to the airport and would be out of the country until the next Saturday. So I took his phone number, email and address and agreed to contact him when I had some estimates. Now, I know everyone who's reading this already have a ton of "you should haves" in their head. Yes, I know, I should have called the police, and I should have gotten his insurance information right there. But all I can say is that he seemed honest. I got the estimates on Thursday afternoon and emailed them to him Friday. He contacted me on Saturday after returning and let me know he'd been willing to pay for whichever one I wanted. To end my little story. I now have the cash sitting in my bank account because he handed me the money today and I will be able to get my pretty little Subaru fixed (some dents and scratching). So I am happy to report that it is possible to find people who are honest out there...and that you shouldn't always do what I did, but sometimes it feels good to know that you can trust that someone will keep their word, without having to be accountable to someone else, like the the police or their insurance company first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment