Yesterday, Moroni and I drove to Amish country (Holmes County, Ohio) where they have an abundance of cheese, bread, chocolate and home cooked foods. I felt like I had eaten Thanksgiving dinner afterwards and was ready for bed by seven. I didn't get too many good pictures, the weather was kind of yucky and I kept forgetting to take pitures at the stops because I was mostly eating. We first stopped at Heini's Cheese factory where they have the best spread of samples I have ever seen. Basically they have a sample of every cheese there (there have to be at least 50...at least). The samples are small of course but imagine eating 50+ samples of cheese. It was like eating about 5 pounds of cheese by the end. Then we went to the bakery and sampled all the breads and desserts (same scenario as before) and then the chocolate shop...you get the point. Here are some the pictures...
I tried to get one of a horse and buggy but couldn't because we were driving to fast, it was cold outside and I felt self concious taking a picture of someone else who absolutely knew I was trying to take a picture of them. I also added the basket building which we stopped at on the way back. It is the corporate office for Longaberger, a basket making company. It is a big basket...if you can't tell by my terrible picture:)
2 comments:
Yum!!!
Funny basket building. Again though... who's Moroni, besides Mormon's son. I need to know if you're "just friends" or what! And that stinks about strep! I was laughing as you described swallowing those pills because they really are HUGE!
Post a Comment