Also known as my mom. So I put this up once before, but was not totally satisfied, but after hearing others comments I feel like I should re post it.Happy Mother's Day Mom!
Some of the things (some favorites, some not :)) I remember...add your comments and pictures if you have them (or send me pictures and I will post them...I'm not sure how it works).
1. She loved popcorn. I think she ate it almost every night. She could eat an entire bucket at the movie theater.
2. Along the same lines, she loved Cheetos. One time we all drove to Leavenworth and mom managed to eat an entire bag of Cheetos (not a single serving size either) and felt so sick she could hardly eat lunch at the restaurant we went to.
3. She really loved Suzie Bogus (I think that's how it's spelled) and I think we listened to her tape a billion times.
4. She taught us to work for what we want because she always did.

5. Really good at guilt trips. She never told me she didn't want me to do something because she thought it would be unwise, instead she somehow made me feel so guilty even thinking about it I never did it. (Take note: this happened regularly)
6. She loved all of us a lot, even her crazy sisters (I'm talking about you Margaret!)
7. She was pretty corny...if anyone has any jokes etc to add that would be great. I still remember a time we were at the hot springs and she had her behind (for lack of better words) next to the window on the bed on the camper and said something about a full-moon being out, referring to herself (I think you can see what I mean).
8. Really loved the "Star Trek" series (serieses?) yuck
9. My spiritual strength. She knew what life was about and she always had the answers. Believe it or not I got my first lesson about death from my mom. I was probably in the 5th grade and I was reading "Anne of Green Gables" and Matthew died, and I started crying uncontrollably. It was my mom who talked me through it.
10. She was pretty much the best mom who ever lived.
11. She taught me that I always needed to forgive others, no matter how mad they made me or how much they hurt me. She could tell you something good about anyone.
6 comments:
Alyssa, loved reading about your Mom.
There are so many things we don't know about her. You must have your Mom's sense of humor. I laughed and got teary as I read it.
Janae
I really loved reading things about your mom. I haven't ever hear much about her. It was fun to see some of the memories you have of her and the things you learned from her. She sounds like an amazing woman!
PS I am 100% jealous that you went to a Nickel Creek Concert! I LOOOOVE them!
Oh yeah and props to you for riding your bike to work! That's awesome.
Amy! Yes, I stole your picture, but I really needed one, otherwise this blog looked really bad. If you have another, send it to me and I will use that one instead!
CRAZY!?!?! I miss her with every breath of my life. Love you. Margaret
I love you Lys! Thanks for being such a great sister to me. I'm going to research and find out if there is such a thing as "Sister's Day". If not, I will create one! We need a day to celebrate sisters!
Alyssa, you look like your mom. Both of you are very pretty.
(It's Missy, by the way)
Post a Comment