Monday, May 14, 2007

The Best Day of My Life

I've been thinking about attempting to ride my bike to work since I started working there (1 1/2 years ago). I do take the bus everyday, but imagine a day where you don't have to drive or battle traffic at all. Well that day is a dream no longer! Today I attempted to bike to work for the first time in commemoration of it being 75 degrees outside and because it is National Bike to Work Week. My goal was to ride to the transit center, take the bus and then bike from the bus to Amgen (about 4 miles). It was great! I biked all along Elliot Bay, the flowers were blooming and a Killdeer (a type of bird) even flew with me. After work, I started biking home, and due to the incredible weather, I had an even better time. When I got to where I should turn to catch my bus I just kept riding. I ended up riding on Airport Way, to Interurban Blvd, onto the Green River Trail and down Grady Way...which pretty much got me home. I think I will do it again tomorrow.

4 comments:

Amy said...

What happened to the post on Mom? I have been thinking about some comments to post on it...
P.S. Good job on the biking! You are amazing!

Alyssa said...

I didn't like the way it was written. I figured no one else had read it yet I can repost it if you want me too.

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

Just think your best day was also an awesome day for the enviroment and your little bird buddy! You take great photos:) I read the post on your mom... I liked it!

Pollock Palooza said...

So does that mean when you got to work you were all sweaty and stuff? :) Where do you work? You might have told me but i forgot.