1. Alternating Current (p20). I had to modify these gloves slightly because the pattern called for chunky yarn. So I used smaller needles and cast on more times...(if you have the book and want to do it with worsted weight instead and want to know my modification I will let you know if you leave a comment). The cute thing about these gloves is that you can knit other wrist bands in different colors and patterns.

2. Filigree (p60). No modification necessary!

3. Jack-in-the-Box (p85). This is a modification of the flip-top mittens. I find that the adult small size ends up being to large and the kids is too small so I modified the sizing to something in the middle of the two and then rather than create flip-top cuff I just bind off at the end to create fingerless gloves which are always nice to wear over other gloves here in order to keep your hands warm but making it so your fingers can still function!

4. These are pretty much of my own creation. I used the modified guidelines for the Jack-in-the-box flip-top mittens but with an entirely different pattern. (see #3)

5. Tapisserie (p124). These were probably my favorites. They also called for a finer yarn than worsted weight so i had to be very creative with the modifications because I ended up taking out 16 rows in the pattern. I also had to figure it out right in my head ahead of time because its not like I wanted to start over in my race to have these to people by Christmas!

6. Accomplice (p9). These were the first pair I started knitting over Thanksgiving while we were in New York. I wasn't actually sure if I liked the pattern or not, but I must say the picture in the book did not do them justice. They ended up being pretty cute and really easy!
2 comments:
I am impressed with your knitting skills! I don't remember you doing this at the Stove. If we ever spend so quality time together again I want you to show me how. I only crochet.
That's because I didn't know how to knit then:). I learned after I graduated when I had mire time on
My hands:) and then have really improved since grad school
Post a Comment