Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Christmas Story



Anyone who knows me, knows I love the movie "A Christmas Story" and anyway who is my family shares my love of this movie. If you remember, last January we went to the Christmas Story House in Cleveland and while were there I purchased some cookie cutters in the shape of a leg lamp, a turkey, and of Ralphie in his bunny suit. This year I had a twelve nights of Christmas movie mania ( a different christmas movie each night for twelve nights hosted at a different location by a different person)...an event idea, I might add, that I stole from my friend Emily who did the same thing back in Washington like four years ago. The first night of-course was our kick-off night and of-course the movie was "A Christmas Story"...of-course. So I baked up some sugar cookies and this is what I ended up with. I must admit, the frosting looks atrocious (I ran out of time) and I wanted to be more fun with the leg lamps like iced in stalkings etc, but I do think the print-up of Ralphie's head is a nice touch. Yes, they were delicious (but isn't anything that has butter, sugar and four?).

No comments: