Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall: Week Three--Circleville Pumpkin Festival

As I have already stated in the last few weeks, the fall is my absolute favorite time of year and this Saturday we attended one of the festivals I look forward to here in Ohio more than anything else--The Circleville Pumpkin Festival. Is it the name? Is it the quaint little town that it is held in? Is it the food? Is it the cool fall day, with crisp air and smell of decaying leaves? I believe the answer is--ALL OF THE ABOVE! One of the things we love about this festival is the food, my own personal rule is you can't eat it unless it has pumpkin in it. I think this is a pretty good rule, since it is the pumpkin festival after all. This year, I chose my personal favorite, pumpkin chili and a pumpkin buckeye (a delicious chocolate candy only found in Ohio--home of The Ohio State Buckeyes). The rest of the pictures are all the other pumpkin food items that can be tried at the festival!



Our friend Carly...



I have never had pumpkin walking taco..but I am now curious...




The weight of the pumpkin is written on it!














Notice that the sign says "World's Greatest Pumpkin Pie!" not "World's Largest Pumpkin Pie!" and I had to wait in line to get a picture of this thing! Ha Ha...
http://www.pumpkinnook.com/giants/pumpkinpierecord.htm

This is the link to the world's largest pumpkin pie...its only about 100 times larger (slight exaggeration)...so how they determined this was the world's greatest pumpkin pie I have no idea, but what I do know is that they make really tasty pumpkin donuts at this place and if that's any indication of how great the pumpkin pie is, then I bet it is pretty darn delicious.














Another specialty of all festivals are fried things...if you ever wondered how something tastes fried, just go to the fair or your local festival, someone is bound to be selling it. Here is our friend Dave trying a fried Twinkie, which pretty much did him under for the rest of the night! So gross.



SIX bras for $12! That is some kind of deal!



A huge block of shea butter...



I generally disagree with people dressing up their dogs, but in the spirit of all things pumpkin, I retract my former opinion. This dog was cute, and seemed to like its ridiculous outfit!






This girl looks like she should be on a horror flick...she is found in the bottom corner of the mural that was a few pictures back!




Finally: The last thing I learned this year is that if someone tells you "Come see the weirdest thing you will ever see right here! Only a dollar!" Do not believe them, and do not give them your dollar.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to go! We should have a pumpkin festival here. Pumpkin fudge sounds amazing!