Sunday, October 10, 2010

Oven Mitts and Illnesses

So Monday this week a woman I work with, Li, came into the lab and said "don't come near me! I am ill"..needless to say, by Thursday I had the symptoms of her cold and have beeninside with it all weekend. It was probably the last nice weekend we will have here until next Spring too!

Last week I set my oven mitt down on a hot burner (not an "on" burner--in case moroni is reading this--a hot burner) and all of a sudden I smelled something not quite right and this is what I ended up with!



Monday night we were at the mall and I was sneakily looking at new oven mitts...but the cute ones, of course, were the expensive ones. As I was taking a close look at one of the mitts at Sur La Table (pronounced Sur La Tab--for Megan), which was priced at $9.95, I thought to myself "I could make this myself and for a lot less and I could pick out some really cute fabric", so on the way home I had Moroni stop at Jo Ann's, which is my new hang out and I found some affordable fabric. The red mitt was my protype...I had some troubles with the thumb, so I redrew the pattern and the next mitt was my final product. I think they turned out pretty cute and all in all cost me about $3.00 each...possibly less!



1 comment:

barrellofmonkeys said...

Hey there! I am amazed by your skills girl. I've been following your posts for a while but I have to log into another account to post so I haven't gotten around to it. Yada yada.

I love that you took a Wilton class! I need to take one of those so bad. And I love that you can whip out anything you would like to with your sewing skills. My oven mitts are not half as cute as yours. ;)

Just wanted to say hi and you are amazing.

Nisha