Dear Family and Friends,
I have made a new years resolution to blog once a week. Crazy, I know, but here goes.
Tuesday.
We got some yummy tomatoes while biking with he marples and some jalapeƱos from our garden so I decided to make some salsa. The salsa was delicious but about an hour later my thumbs started to burn. This was quickly followed by the rest of my fingers, which proceeded to turn splotchy and red. I began, under the direction of Moroni to implement various home remedies including, but most likely not all: milk, rubbing alcohol, sour cream, hot and then cold water, lemon juice, the air conditioner in my car, and finally to sleep, ice packs. On top of which I mistook the cup of rubbing alcohol for a cup of water and took one big nasty swig! I woke up pain-free but made the mistake of taking a shower, which caused it to flare up all over again! This story ends later that day with pain-free fingers and a smile on my face...nothing really worked, just time. I learned to never cut up homegrown jalapeƱos without gloves!
Wednesday.
For the last three Wednesday nights I have been taking a cake decorating class with Sarah and Carly. I am posting the pictures of my lovely creations!
Newest hobby: I decided a few weeks ago, That I needed to learn to sew a pattern. My first attempt was a dress that was intended for me, but was way too small (lesson number one learned: always make patterns to your measurements not to the size you wear in the store!). It fits Sarah but I am still having trouble with the zipper. I decided to then sew a jumper for my niece, Susie, it turned out really cute, but unfortunately it is too large, so now my sister is trying to figure out how to take something in without ruining it!
The first one I found at the following website:
http://artsycraftybabe.typepad.com/tutorials/phoebe_bag.pdf
http://craftapple.wordpress.com/2006/02/21/the-lindie-bag-free-pattern/
Finally, in my sewing craze, I discovered this awesome blog. This girl is making 365 new dresses out of 365 old dresses in 365 days for $365. It's ingenious and fun to read through. I don't love all the finished products, but you should see what she had to start with!
Enjoy! http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/
Until next week!
5 comments:
You might be allergic to the pepper. I have that problem when I used the medicine Capsaicin ointment. Its meant to be used like the icy hot but without the icy lol but it is made with Chili Peppers and when I rubbed it on my hands to put on my grandmothers leg it resulted in first degree burns on my hands. I felt as though you did, I ultimately had to sleep with my hands in ice water over night. I hope you are not allergic, its not fun, but yes gloves gloves gloves for peppers. And don't accidentally rub your eye or scratch your nose like I have done in the past, no fun!
i love it! everything looks amazing!!!
i love it! everything looks amazing!!!
I love your purses! I need to get cracking on some new projects with my sewing machine.
You're second purse is so adorable! I love the flower! You will have to teach me how to make them :)
Post a Comment