Sunday, May 23, 2010

Moroni's First Baseball Game








This Saturday we drove up to Cleveland for an Indians game with some of our friends. They were playing the Cincinnati Reds so it was a fun game. Moroni has never been to a baseball game before, specifically a professional baseball game. He was a good sport to humor me and drive the two hours up to Cleveland since he doesn't really enjoy sports at all. So we drove up to Cleveland, I was a little nervous it would be a horrible time since it had been pouring outside since the night before. Luckily, I prayed for good weather that morning and by the time we got up to Cleveland it was sunny and 75 degrees outside! We fed moroni baseball food to lull him into carnal apathy at the game and cheered for the Indians, since our friend Katie who came with us was an Indian's fan. Moroni lucked out because not only did we get a figure of the pink blobby mascot as we came into the stadium, but the game was actually exciting. The Indians were down by 4 for most of the game and played pretty terribly, but during the last inning they loaded up the bases and scored two runs and then loaded up the bases again and then lost, but even Moroni started yelling at the ump, so I knew he was having a good time. To top it off, at the end of the game they cleared out half of the stadium and had a real firework show with music and all that lasted for about a half an hour after the game ended. I've been to a ton of games and never gotten a firework show! This morning Moroni informed me that he didn't "love" baseball but he did "like" it. That was more than I could ask for! I'll have to get him to a Mariner's game some day! (They have better food at Safeco...mmmmm...lemonade, warm roasted peanuts and kettle corn!)

No comments: