Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Week Four Wilton Beginner Cake Decorating Class
Tonight was my last night of the beginner cake decorating class that I've been taking with Sarah and Carly. I must say that I liked tonight the best because we got to make our cake any way we wanted to. We are having a farewell lunch tomorrow for a girl I've worked with in the lab for the last two years so I decided to make a good bye cake and since my lab and my boss's wife's lab were going to be there I wanted it to be edible, which means I wanted the frosting to be good. So I cheated on the recipe that wilton has us use for the frosting we use for the class ( which tastes nasty) and I used straight up butter instead of shortening....sooooo delicious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
butter yummmmm!
The cake looks beautiful Alyssa, love all your sewing projects too - where do you find the time? You're amazing!
Megan (aka - evil stepmom)
alyssa, your cake looks so beautiful!!!
Post a Comment