Saturday, September 6, 2008
Hocking River
On Monday, I had some time off from the lab (well actually, I went in really early...but since it was a hospital holiday I technically could take the day off) so Moroni and I planned out this spectacular canoeing trip! As you will see by the pictures. Unfortunately we got a little overzealous and picked the wrong section of the river! Needless to say we spent the first 6 miles of our 11 mile canoe trip lugging a canoe over tree jams, dry ground and a lot of tires! It took us 7 hours to make it 11 miles down stream where you can see the area is clean and pristine. We've definatley learned our lesson: which is to be more obervant...when we were parking our pick up vehicle down stream we say a canoe/kayak outfitter putting a group of people in where we were going to be coming out. That was our first clue. Next time we will definately follow the example of the experts! I must say thought, that even though the day got to be really long, hot and definately dirty...I think we both had a good time or at least a memorable one...we were still singing the Gilligan's Island theme song by the end if that says anything. Hope you enjoy the pictures of the beautiful scenery. They are in order of the trip!









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
First of all, I need to congratulate you on finally making another post! You definitely are not on top of that one. Secondly, that trip looks very familiar to another one you took me on years and years ago. I think I need to warn Moroni that many more of these types of expeditions will follow...because I'm sure you will not quit your bad habit of finding unexpected adventures.
That tree looks like a Hawaii tree I saw with the narly roots. You sure are more adventuresome than any other Charrier I know! I am the sissy Charrier:) Sissy Missy
Wow. You are one adventurous person! I probably would of given up the first time I saw a tire in the water. lol! Keep on posting! I want to see more of your adventures!
Post a Comment