Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Sunday of Firsts






I title this blog entry, the Sunday of Firsts for a few reasons. I finally decided I needed to bite the bullet and buy some furniture, since I don't really own any anymore. I've been thinking about it for awhile, but finally found the table I wanted this weekend. Lucky for me, World Market was having a great furniture sale and I was able to get this great table for a really great deal. Here are the reason's for the title:
1. This is my first real dining room table of my very own (not like the one Wendy and I bought together for $30 at the thrift store and then painted together also).
2. This is the first real meal that we've eaten on it.
3. Julie doesn't know how to cook, so today I taught her how to make brownies from scratch (not from a box mix) for dessert. Basically this meant, I handed her a recipe and she followed thi instructions. This was her first baking experience and quite honestly the picture does not do these brownies justice...they were really good. So, these are the first homemade brownies that Julie has ever made and I guess also the first time anyone has ever tried her homemade brownies!

Also, I might add, I was pretty lucky with this table because it was a self assembly job and yesterday I managed to put together one chair, which I then used to sit at while I studied at the old table. However, Moroni is really the one who deserves all the praise because he put together the three other chairs, the table and the bench...I will NEVER complain about that! Thank you Moroni!

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Congratualations on all of your firsts! The table set is beautiful - I like the style. And the brownies were beautiful, too. But I am very partial to brownies...

Andrea said...

I love the table! It looks a lot like mine. Mine's a counter-height one, though. I think it's too pretty to eat at so I eat standing up. :-0 We ate Thanksgiving dinner at it.

Andy

Pollock Palooza said...

Cute table!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Time to Update Alyssa! I think I check everyday and not that I don't LOVE your new table, but I want to see something else.... :)