Wednesday, November 14, 2007


Hello family and friends...I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything onto my blog. It's really because I haven't been taking any pictures. Last weekend was the first weekend I've taken pictures at all since I've been out here. So, Last weekend was my first retreat/conference. It was at Mohican State Park, which is about an hour and a half north of Columbus by Mansfield. Monday was Veteran's Day and so I assumed I would have the day off while my lab went on this retreat since I'm only a rotating student right now (I'm being paid by my department and not by the lab),
but the PI of my lab thought I should come too. So I got to go on an "all expense paid" trip if you will, to the Mohican Start Park Lodge and Resort. I got my own very nice room and free meals (which anyone knows is a plus). Monday on the way home we stoped at some more places.
I wanted to add the "Mt. Jeez" pictures because I thought they were hillarious. I mean...this is not a mountain. It is not even a large hill. Still, you do get a nice view of the valley and as far as "mountains" go in Ohio, this is pretty high.


3 comments:

Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WCFIELDS said...

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for the update, but could you take some photos of where you live and your campus? Just so we get an idea of your day to day life?

Just Being Nosey,
Megan

Andrew said...

Ohio looks very pretty and fall like. Not rainy and cold. How is school?
Lauriel