The second counselor in my bishopric, Dean Marple goes biking every Saturday with some other bike friends. If his wife is free, she also goes. Last Saturday I went with them. It was the first time I've ever ridden with anyone on the road. It was great! We talked the entire time. It was more social than work, and before I knew it we had biked 30 miles. Also, I must say, biking around Ohio is great. There are a lot of country roads and it's relatively flat (all though in Lexington there are quite a few hills). Nothing like biking up Benson after work for 1 1/2 miles.
The good news: Biking is great. I didn't fall and hurt myself (that should make my dad feel better).
The bad news: My helmet has decided to start breaking. I've decided cycling is a really expensive sport.
On that note, I have started the "Keep Alyssa On Her Bike" Fund. This should cover medical bills, maintenance and bike equipmetn and upgrades. I will accept personal checks (if they are greater than $100), cash or money orders. Thanks for the support.
5 comments:
First, your little friend is sick! gross, gross, gross! How did you even dare get that close?
As for the send Alyssa money fund, my checks in the mail...if you never get one though, it must be the post office's fault, maybe they lost it or something. Contact them. :)
That is pretty sick. Where did you get such a morbid sense of humor?
30 Miles! I am always surprized at how far cyclers go without thinking about it. Justin recently got his first road bike and would go on "little" rides that sounds like forever to me. That's just because I'm super large right now.
I didn't even think it was real until I read the other comments. I thought it was-- fake. Yuck. How funto have bike friends:) To bad you don't take rolled pennies...
HAppy Happy Birthday!!! Atleast I think your birthday is sometime in the near future:) Here is birthday hug from Utah ( )
Post a Comment