What do you do when you don't have a lot of friends in Columbus, OH? What I've been doing is biking. This week I've gone on two really long rides up on the bike trails that head north and seem to just keep going. This was on my road bike. However, I'd been hearing talk that there was a place to take a mountain bike, so after a morning of intensive reading, I headed up north to Alum Creek. There I found a 6 mile trail complete with logs, rocks, bridges and a "lake". It was pretty fun. However, towards the end I had a little run in with some branches and ended up flipping over the handle bars. I didn't really get hurt or anything but I did get covered in dirt since it hasn't rained since I arrived three weeks ago (and possibly for three weeks before that).
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Alum Creek
What do you do when you don't have a lot of friends in Columbus, OH? What I've been doing is biking. This week I've gone on two really long rides up on the bike trails that head north and seem to just keep going. This was on my road bike. However, I'd been hearing talk that there was a place to take a mountain bike, so after a morning of intensive reading, I headed up north to Alum Creek. There I found a 6 mile trail complete with logs, rocks, bridges and a "lake". It was pretty fun. However, towards the end I had a little run in with some branches and ended up flipping over the handle bars. I didn't really get hurt or anything but I did get covered in dirt since it hasn't rained since I arrived three weeks ago (and possibly for three weeks before that).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I would have been terrified yet you just bounce right back. You must be amazing girl secret super hero-- can handle any accident:)
I talked to your grandpa tonight. He said he has been very busy with his neighbor:) I'm glad he is with friends and not home alone and sad. Have you made any new buddies yet in Ohio? Perhaps you will meet a handsome doctor after one of your bike spills, who is single and LDS and enjoys the outdoors, and ... well whatever else you want:)
I loved reading your list of "5 things"...I agree with the keds and the overly baggy clothes, NO IDEA WHAT WE WERE ALL THINKING!? Anyway, fun to read about you.
About the bike spill...will you be careful please?! That makes me so nervous that you were all by yourself. I agree with the other person that posted on here, you must be some amazing girl super hero, to bounce back from a fall like that. I am glad you are enjoying Ohio and finding some fun bike trails.
this is just an update on my biking injuries. i have also been yelled at by wendy, if you can call it that, for going alone. really what is a person suppoed to do when they have no friends to do it with? i figured biking is safer than hiking alone...anyone, back to the injuries. my left arm hurts pretty bad. i can't lift it all the way up yet...i don't know what it is but whenever i fall of my bikes it's always onto my left shoulder. i need to start switching sides.
I'm wondering about the cupcakes... were they yummy? How are you healing by now? Have you made any biking buddies?
I actually didn't eat the cupcakes. They were still frozen. Wendy decided to throw me a birthday bash on a whim (and it didn't happen to actually be my birthday either).
Post a Comment