Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Fourth of July










When I was a kid, my main memories of the Fourth included going to my granparents house (my mom's parents) and being with all my cousins. I think we all counted the hours till dark when we could light off fireworks. It seemed like an eternity. Come to find out, as I get older, fireworks aren't all that exciting anymore. No wonder my parents weren't as eager as I was to start lighting them off or to battle the big crowds to go see he huge displays. It's always nice to have a day off (which I didn't, but I did get off early) and to have nice weather (which is hit or miss in Washington...we've had pretty rainy fourths here as well). This year we had 85 degree weather...just perfect and so I went to Lake Meridian with some friends and then went to a BBQ at my friend Geran's house.


With my friends, Sara and Carrie at the BBQ...watching fireworks.





Jon's happy because he beat me at this game...he didn't realize that I let him. I just wanted him to feel good about himself. Everyone needs a self esteem boost now and again right?


Kevin and Tyler also had a great day.

1 comment:

Pollock Palooza said...

So the bongoball game... we got one from Costco and Justin plays with everyone that comes over! It's funny because no one has really played it before so Justin just likes to win :)