Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Prodial Socks? Return...

Okay, so, you know how every time you wash a load of laundry and you pull everything out of the dryer and start folding, there is somehow always a missing sock? And you start to kid yourself thinking it's most likely your fault? Like somehow you didn't manage to hit the hamper when throwing your socks in and that they somehow magically disappeared under a bed or behind a dresser? Well, I'm here to tell you this! The dryer is actually eating your socks! It's true. Lately I've been noticing socks going missing...why? Because they were mainly my favorites or my more expensive socks...smartwool, biking socks (all go for over $10 a pair), colored ones...you name it, I began to notice a pattern of good socks gone rogue, if you know what I mean. Even Moroni noticed...two months ago he bought a pack of biking socks that came in three pairs, as of Saturday morning, when heading out to ride, he had only one bike sock remaining. Monday evening, I was pulling my sheets out of the dryer when I noticed an opening, a small one between the drum and the body of the dryer, and so I did what any wise person would do, I attempted to stuff my hand down it...thinking..."aha! I bet there's socks down there!"...I could really only fit my fingers inside, but I did show it to Moroni, who, while simmering over the fact while sitting at work on Tuesday, came home and pushed the dryer forward and opened up the back....this is what he found....






That's right! SOCKS! GLOVES! HAIR BANDS! An entire village of socks had been eaten by the big bad dryer. Basically now, Moroni is the hero of his whole serfdom...I mean just think how many more little guys could have been taken in our predators mad sock eating frenzy...Dad and Megan think weasels are bad and scary....look what this monster did to our socks!



All right, I'll stop there, I'm just warning you, we all have dryers, and now that I have shown you what they are capable of you also know you have been warned....dryers do eat socks and yours could be next.

4 comments:

WCFIELDS said...

That's amazing Alyssa!
The socks look like they can still be worn so that's a good thing. I think we will look at our dryer.

Lynne said...

That is hilarious! I'm surprised your dryer worked with all those stolen socks inside!

Alyssa said...

I know it is...Moroni also told me to say that if anyone knows of a way to fix the problem he is willing and happy to take suggestions...

Amy said...

Thanks for the tip! I'm always glad to see a new post! Love you!!!