Tuesday, May 13, 2008
TOSRV
The Tour of the Scioto River Valley--Scioto...for all of you not from Ohio (believe me I had to learn this also, and am still a little confused as to why it is this way) is prounounced Sigh-oh-ta (rhymes with Toyota--kind of) is a river that runs through Columbus. And the TOSRV is a 200 mile bike tour that runs from Columbus-to Portsmouth and back--and is done in two days, kind of like the STP. I did not do this ride, well, I did not pay to do this ride, but I did do my first century ride (100 miles) last Saturday. What we did was leave south-east of Columbus near Lancaster and rode for ten miles where we met up with riders from the TOSRV and followed the route for the next 40 miles. We then turned around and followed it back home. Riding "in" the TOSRV was really fun and I think I might actually do it next year. The funny, or terrible part of this ride, is that I did not train at all for it, and if I had, it probably would have been more enjoyable after mile 70. But I just didn't have the time...so instead I just did it. And the last 30 miles were pretty hard, and the last ten miles were exhausting. The nice part? When I got home I could pretty much eat whatever I wanted for the rest of the day and I didn't have to worry about gaining weight...why? Because according to the calorie calculators I looked up when I got home, I had burned 5,818 calories during the ride. I didn't take pictures, but Dean took a bunch of all of us, and when I get them, I will post them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are my inspiration! I just bought a bike, I'm going to start riding to work. Good job on the 100 miler. That's amazing!
If you haven't heard it enough...You Are AMAZING!! I would never be able to complete a bike ride that long. I get tired after a few blocks and call it good. I cannot believe how many calories you burned!! Did it take a full day? I hope you had plenty of rest stops. It made me tired just reading it!!
Alyssa! Found you on the Bybee blog! Do you mind if I link yours to mine so I can keep up with all your fun adventures? send me your e-mail so I can invite you to view our private blog. beccacartier@hotmail.com
Post a Comment