Ok...so i am going to be honest. I have never actually made the american version of chicken enchiladas before (you know the kind that uses cream of chicken soup) but moroni requested them last night, or said "i sure wish we could have chicken enchiladas". So I found a recipe on allrecipes.com which was actually really good.
I subsituted low fat sour cream for the regular kind (because that is what we had), added an extra tsp of chili powder (kind of on accident...I wasn't paying attention..but it turned out to be the right choice), used two cups from a roasted chicken we had bought the day before, and salsa in the place of the green chilies (because we didn't have green chillies). I also used 4 10' tortillas and a slightly smaller pan (also because that's what we had) and reduced the cheddar to 1/2 cup. This literally took me about 10 minutes to prepare. So easy. I calculated the calories as if it were four servings and then determined the calories etc. You could also make it a little healthier by using whole wheat tortillas. Usually they have these awesome ones at sam's club that are like 6 grams of fiber per tortilla, but they didn't have them yesterday and so I got regular. I never post recipes but I thought this one was good and fast and easy. Those are the kind I need since I don't have much time at night, plus I think its something Moroni could make also.
No comments:
Post a Comment