Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Statistics: My Love/Hate Relationship

So it's been awhile since I've added anything. Mainly because I have had no time. A year ago, when I was planning on applying for vet school, I enrolled in a Statistics 221 Online Course through BYU. After deciding not to go to school, I kept puting it of, thinking "Oh, no big deal, I have a year", and then at the beginning of May it dawned on me that I no longer had a year to finish this course! Not only that, if I didn't finish I would not be reimbursed by my company. So I got down to business and have been working diligently to finish before my June 11th (yes, I know it's this coming Monday) deadline. My plan was to take my last midterm on Tuesday (yesterday) and take the final on Saturday. That apparently, was not to be. The midterms still haven't arrived at the testing center. Today I had to call BYU and have them resend the tests for $50...the fee to reprint and express them to the testing center and back...so that I can order the final test by Monday! I have learned my lesson...I am never taking an online course again! It's too bad it's been so terrible too because I actually really like Statistics.

5 comments:

WCFIELDS said...

Hay Alyssa,

What a bummer about the fee and all, but I love your self photo!

Also very nice photos on your heading.

Hope everything arrives and you make your deadline.

Megan

Alyssa said...

I took the picture off because I couldn't stand looking at myself looking so gross.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Okay...yuck, I saw your stats book and I just about threw-up! I have too many bad memories of that class. Not only that, but I have my own independent study class from byu that I need to finished! World Civ...it is the last class I need to graduate and how long has it been hanging over my head---way too long! Good luck with your class! I'm sorry to hear about all the craziness with the tests etc.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Ps did you take the pictures at the title of your blog? They look awesome!

Alyssa said...

yeah, I did. I got this new camera and so I play with it a lot because you can make only one color stand out or you can change colors or pretty much do whatever you want. It makes taking pictures exciting for me.

Update on the stats class...which is why I haven't posted a new one in a while. My last two midterms finally got to hte testing center this Wednesday (the 13th) and so will I will be able to take my final next Tuesday and have it turned in by Wednesday. (That's only one week past the deadline). Here's my advice, get that class over with! It's way more headache than anyone needs.